Friday, March 11, 2011

New Orleans, Indian Edition

I don't think Wifey (yes he answers to that) did justice to New Orleans so I thought I'd add my 2 cents.

The city was all dressed up for her big night. The French quarter with it's distinctively quaint architecture housed a number of jazz bars with strains from the trumpets and saxophones floating onto the streets. Each band we heard as we strolled in and out of the bars had it's own sound and quirks. But the best band we heard was an accident, we chanced upon interstellar transmissions (an obscure band with just one video on YouTube which I would highly recommend you check out) playing us at a street corner and joined the crowd who like Us were drawn to the music.







If you disregard for a moment the overwhelming male majority in Bourbon Street that place was quite awesome! The fatigue of the trip was forgotten as we got caught up in the grenade swilling, bead throwing, and boob flashing atmosphere which might be hard to replicate.

On a parting note in case you have any doubts about who the light weight is suffice it to say that I have photographic evidence which I will be willing to part with... For a fee of course.



AD


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:New Orleans, San Antonio

No comments:

Post a Comment