Sunday, March 13, 2011

Caution: Hikers Falling


At around 8:00 I awoke from my Travelodge bed in El Paso. It wasn't the greatest nap in the world but at least I was refreshed. Ruti was too lazy to run with me so I went by myself. One of the hidden great things about El Paso is the view of the mountains. As I made my way down the streets I couldn't help but admire the grandeur of the scenery. Little did I know I would soon be much, much closer.

We packed the car, grabbed a bite to eat, and headed toward the entrance of the Franklin Mountain State park. Our mission: to climb to the entrance of the Aztec caves.



Our initial steps were quite simple enough. The graded wasn't steep and walking was a much better feel than sitting in a car. But soon, we found ourselves exerting more and more energy to reach the top.




When we finally reached the caves, it was more than worth it. The views were breathtaking, and we couldn't help but take as many pictures as possible. Then it happened:

"uh how are we gonna get back down?" we didn't quite realize that it would be harder to go down than to go up. As we began our slow, careful trek down, I found myself beginning to take bolder and bolder steps until one step was a little too bold..

"oh no," I thought as my feet went up into the air and I found myself falling onto my back. So what did Ruti do when he saw my distress?

"Stay there! I'm gonna take a picture. This is awesome!"



What a great roommate.

We finished the rest of the hike and hopped into the car to head towards Tucson, Arizona.

We arrived there around 8:00 that night, worn out but proud that our Priceline skills scored us a night in the Sheraton. It is a good thing too, because there was absolutely nothing going on in this city. It didn't matter to us. We grabbed a 6-pack of Blue Moon, headed out to the outdoor jacuzzi, and created our own Tucson fun.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment